Tuesday 17 March 2015

Words on pain

Ok, let’s talk about physical pain
I want you to see so I’ll try to explain
How right now it’s brutal, it cuts to the grain
And the truth is that under that strength you admire
I'm struggling with pain and it burns like a fire
And every step lifts the ache up a bit higher
Til I can't see over it, I'm lost, I'm pulled under
I feel the lightning but you hear no thunder
And it feels like my body is being torn asunder
Yes, it's hard to relate if you've never been wounded
Now your sympathy’s rapidly getting diluted
And they gave me a stick but I don't like to use it
My shoulder at least should be taking the strain
But the help that they give is just moving the pain
And I want some relief through this lyrical vein
But I eat and I sleep and it won't go away
And you speak but I can't hear a word that you say
My eyes have glazed over, I'm falling away
And this isn't some spiritual hurt in some place
This is real and my life is now being erased
And you joke as if you don't know what else to say
But this isn't a game and I don't want to play

No comments:

Post a Comment